Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Adolescence

This week I'm working on my detailed sketches of adolescence growing up in poverty. This will follow my body of work showing age development and upbringing. I'm adding slight personalities to the drawings as well so the individuals have character. I'm actually really surprised to see how difficult drawing adolescents are, their bodies are much different than adults, and here I thought they were just little mini skeletons of adults. The little girl was particularly difficult, because I wanted her to look skinny from lack of food, but not curvy because she isn't developed yet. It's actually exciting to see how much I still have to learn in my development of the figure, but it's time consuming to figure out what I'm doing wrong myself.

No comments: