Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Summer Reflection

I can't say this summer was productive for me artisically. However I did quite a bit of creative writing and brainstorming about how to best create work for the Illustration field. I did find an amazing magazine with the top 200 illustrators world wide in it. It, unfortunately was spendy and I wasn't able to get a copy. But it was extremely encouraging and exciting to see how many Illustrators are making it in that field and to see how many styles there are. They also had them listed by venue, some working for books, others for magazines and such.
I also found this awesome website that shows all the art galleries in Minneapolis, theres so many! So I hope to visit them, a few during school, but especially during this summer after I graduate.

As far as vision casting for this semester. I've really been interested in fantasy enviornments, places that push reality and physics. I'm a dungeon master for Dungeons and Dragons so I get quite a bit of inspiration from that. So I might see if I can expand on the enviornments I've already sketched up, but that work might fall more into my printmaking. For life drawing I want to show the range of human development and type I'm able to draw. I feel like this is key to any employer who would higher me for illustration.

No comments: