Monday, September 8, 2008

About me

The thing I look forward to learning the most like mentioned in the above entry are facial expressions. Understanding how the mouth effects the nose and the eyes. How to make those subtle changes to get all those feelings in the face that aren't meant to be communicated but are.

The reason I find this specific topic interesting is mostly the psychology of it. I want to learn to communicate whats being thought without adding words to the picture.

The interest is there because I believe a person resides in the mind (not the brain). The mind is the most powerful thing God created and to capture that moment when the mind influences the face to change when our guard is unaware of our nonverbal communication is fascinating.

As far as the figure goes in exploring these ideas I haven't decided if I want to make the body passive to allow the viewer to focus on the expression more, or to active the body as well to enhance the feeling i'm trying to portray

I think the best form of research for this is actually focusing on expressions when talking with people. Also reading psychology books on reading nonverbal communication would help to recognize the different expressions. I can find these resources in the library and just hanging out with people and studying them.

When talking about medium, and format I'm unsure of what would be the most effective when dealing with a simple bust of a person though I believe medium to large is necessary for the scale to get the detail in the expression correct.

No comments: